Hey everyone! The holiday season is officially in full swing now, and no holiday is complete without good food. This is the second in a series of posts, with easy holiday recipes that pretty much anyone can make. Enjoy!
This is the second holiday recipe in this series. Check out the first one for some homemade apple pie here: http://thelolphase.com/holiday-recipe-1-apple-pie/
Candy Cane Cocoa
There’s nothing like good old cocoa on Christmas morning. Try this quick recipe with your breakfast to make your holiday even more magical.
What You Need
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of whipped cream
- 3 (1 ounce) squares, semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 4 small peppermint candy canes
What to Do
- In a saucepan, heat milk until hot, but not boiling.
- Whisk in the chocolate and the crushed peppermint candies until melted and smooth.
- Pour hot cocoa into four mugs, and garnish with whipped cream. Serve each with a candy cane stirring stick.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
I really like this recipe because you don’t even need an oven! You can make it very quickly, and who doesn’t like candy canes? Comment below if you are going to try this this year!